Friday, April 23, 2010

The day for our en masse recitations of the Four Quartets has been moved to April 30, on which date we must arrive at 8:30. The good news about this is that there will be no final on Finals week. Thank you Mr. Sexson!

I think that this was a thoroughly intimidating batch of final papers; I would say that I was cowed and intimidated by them, and this would be true. But(at the risk of sounding Pollyanna-ish or something like that), I wasn't bothered in the least by this or threatened by them. Rather, I basked in the glow of their achievement: Sam's reader's diary, Doug's touching life story interpreted through Tarot, Katie's transforming of her misfortunes into epiphanic experiences, Mick and his passionate poem, Nick and his great concluding treatise on silence and epiphanies. And as Nick said, this has been a great batch of creative intellectual minds at work here. He said it better than I could, and I am happy for this. The rest is silence.

No comments:

Post a Comment